Kneepads are protective gear which are used during practice and games. We use volleyball knee pads for same matter because volleyball players tend to fall on ground with ease. They might also contact with their teammates’ knees, which can cause unwanted injuries. Volleyball knee pads are necessary if you want to avoid unwanted injuries. There are tons of knee pads in the market which can be used for volleyball games. Let’s take a look at the most suitable knee pads so we can have an idea.
Mizuno LR6 Volleyball Kneepad
- The product is made of 50 percent polyester, 22 percent rayon and 28 percent elastane(spandex.)
- Some models are made in the USA. However, you might come across imported ones!
- VS-1 padding in the impact zone protects the knee.
- The patella protection is amazing. The lateral and medial protection also seems okay.
- Low-rise design is perfect for comfort. No-fold design provides a perfect grip on the knee.
- 6″ length is enough for covering up the knee!
- The Dyna motion fit offers freedom of movement.
- Three color options at the sales page.
This one is perfectly suitable for competition level. It provides an adequate amount of protection. The knee pad is also comfortable and durable, which makes it a great choice. I also like Mizuno products when it comes to volleyball..
ASICS Ace Low Profile Knee Pad
- They make the product of 43 percent cotton, 33 percent rubber, and 24 percent nylon.
- Two color options at the sales page.
- It provides adequate protection on the lateral sides.
- 6 inch sleeve is enough for covering the whole knee.
- The dual density padding protects the feet from all areas.
- The anti-microbial design is important for long training sessions because it will keep the knee clean.
- Some customers reported that it’s too tight to wear. However, these people were wearing this for daytime activities. I think it won’t cause any problems for volleyball matches or training.
If you are looking for a low-profile knee pad, you can try this one out. They work pretty good for most of the body types. If you like snug fits, this one is perfect!
Mizuno T10 Plus Kneepad
- The new design from Mizuno brand. It looks pretty good and comfortable.
- The foam provides enough protection.
- One-size fits all design.
- No-fold design.
- This one is suitable for beginners or elementary school volleyball competitions. It will cover the whole knee, but you shouldn’t expect extreme protection like other models.
- It doesn’t have protection on the lateral sides. However, this won’t be an issue if you are not jumping up for every ball!
This is a great kneepad overall, it works as advertised. If you want a basic product which does the thing easily, you can get this one!
Nike Essentials Volleyball Knee Pads
- Basic knee pads from Nike.
- It provides enough protection for basic training.
- The low-profile design provides an ergonomic fit.
- The minimalistic design might be attractive for some athletes.
- The Nike dri-fit interior lining technology makes it extra comfortable.
One of the most comfortable volleyball knee pads out there. If you have concerns about comfort, you can get this one!
Under Armour Unisex-Adult Armour 2.0 Volleyball Knee Pad
- They make the product of hundred percent polyester.
- It has other color options at the sales page! The red one looks pretty nice.
- It’s suitable for machine washing thanks to hundred percent polyester.
- One of the most comfortable knee pads out there.
- Dual density EVA foam provides utmost protection.
- The hinged design is impressive for keeping things mobile.
This product is fine, but I don’t think it has great durability, especially for professional players. It can get teared up pretty quickly. If you are buying this one for a junior player, it makes sense.
adidas Women’s Volleyball Elite Knee Pad
- They make the product 100 percent polyester.
- It’s imported.
- The product is suitable for machine wash.
- The protection is perfect, and it doesn’t affect the comfort of the product.
- The stretch fit is perfect for comfort and long training sessions.
- I really like the foam padding of this model. It provides enough protection for any volleyball activity!
- The seams are pretty soft.
- Some people reported small size problems. You should make sure you double check the sizing before your purchase.
Mizuno Elite 9 SL2 Volleyball Kneepad
- They import the product.
- The shock absorbing cushioning pads works flawlessly. They also provide protection from the sides.
- The full lateral protection separates this one from other knee pads.
- The Dynamotion fit is perfect for any athlete out there. It will fit most of the players with ease.
- The back part of the kneepad has ventilation, which is great for keeping moisture away.
- The 7″ sleeve length covers most of the critical areas.
- They make the product of 92 percent polyester,13 rayon,29 nylon 16 percent elastic.
- The fitting is tight for some players. You should check out the sizing chart before purchase.
This one provides a significant amount of protection from all sides. It also has the quality which makes it a brilliant choice for any player out there!
Bodyprox Protective Knee Pads
- These are perfect for people who are looking to get extra protection for their knees!
- They make the knee pads of 45 percent polyester, 25 percent rubber, 30 percent Eva. It doesn’t contain any latex, so it’s durable compared to other products.
- The fabric is pretty breathable.
- The knee pad protects from all types of impacts. It’s not a volleyball knee pad directly, but it will be helpful if you constantly fall around.
- This one will work pretty well for libero players.
The product is pretty good for volleyball players because of great grip and non-slip features. However, if you care about freedom of movement, you can have some problems. It might limit your flexibility, which can decrease your game performance.
ASICS Unisex Slider V. Kneepad
- They make the product with 45 percent polyester, 16 percent nylon, 39 percent rubber.
- The product comes with only one size. It might not be suitable for teenagers.
- The sleeve length is 9 1/2″.
- It doesn’t contain any latex, so it’s durable.
- The product is easy to wash, you can clean it with a semi-wet cloth.
- there are other color options at the sales page.
You can try out this one since it has protection on all sides. The price of the product is also pretty reasonable!
How to Pick the Best Volleyball Knee Pad?
Volleyball knee pads can have a different purpose for each user. Some people look for pure comfort and little of protection. However, for some players the protection is the most important thing. The last purchase depends on the person and their playing style. Some people also use knee pads for daily activities, which also makes sense. I will teach you to find the most suitable knee pad for your needs. Let’s look at the most important factors for picking out a volleyball knee pad, so you can make the best decision for your needs!
This the most important thing for buying a volleyball knee pad. There are tons of products out there which are made of low-quality materials. First of all, we need to start with material types. Polyester is a standard product which is found in almost all sports equipment. However, when it comes to volleyball knee pads, you should avoid hundred percent polyester products because they will lack the flexibility of spandex. Some people still prefer products with full polyester materials. These types of knee pad generally cheaper than mixed products. This one comes to your personal preferences.
Mixed products are the best, in my opinion. They will provide the comfort and durability, which is important for long-term usage! If you want a flexible knee pad, you should invest in knee pads which have at least 20 percent spandex in it. If you are worried about the protection, you should check out the padding materials. They state this differently from the product you can specially check it!
The price of the products can vary a lot. You might see knee pads starting from 10 dollars. Most of the high-quality products have a price above 20 dollars. There are pretty excellent products between 20 and 30 dollars range. If you want a high-quality product that can last longer than other ones, you should pay over 20 bucks in my opinion.
There are some pretty excellent products below the 20 dollar price tag. There is also one model in my list(adidas Women’s Volleyball Elite Knee Pad). If you are sure about what you need, you can get one of these products!
The brand of the knee pad is another important factor. I love the Mizuno brand for volleyball equipment. They always make high-quality products with specially volleyball players in their mind. There are other well-known brands like Nike, Adidas and Under Armour. They also make excellent products, but Mizuno will be my primary choice when it’s volleyball.
The protection of the knee pad is an enormous factor. The protection varies from knee pad to knee pad. Some knee pads only have protection in the front part of the knee pad. This is enough for most of the players. However, if you play in libero position, you might need a different knee pad which has protection on the sidelines. The protection from impacts is important therefore padded knee pads are great for that matter. You should make sure the knee pad has protection from all sides.
The comfort of the knee pad directly impacts the performance of the player.
There are plenty of products in the market. You just have to find a suitable model for your needs. Each player has different needs when it comes to volleyball knee pads. Some people use these equipments for protection. Others might need it for support and balance for their connective tissues. You should determine your problem and make your purchase according to that. You can also check the comparison table at the top that has best volleyball knee pads in it! If you have any questions, feel free to write them below!