Basketball balls are crucial for skill training and entertaining ourselves. We can’t enjoy the game to its fullest without proper equipment. I’m going to cover the best basketball balls for indoor, outdoor, and kids so you can decide based on your needs. Let’s start with the best balls for indoor play.
Top Sellers for Indoor Play
Molten X-Series Indoor-Outdoor Basketball
- The synthetic cover makes it suitable for both indoor and outdoor play.
- The bladder part is made of butyl rubber which makes it extra durable.
- The signature 12-panel design is the standard.
- The product has a one-year warranty which makes it stand out.
- You have to buy the ball pump separately. It’s not included in the package.
- The size is suitable for adults.
If you are looking for a classic ball for outdoor play you can get this one!
Wilson Evolution Game Basketball
- There are two sizes and eight design options on the sales page.
- The material is fully synthetic which makes it great for indoor play.
- It’s one of the best balls when it comes to indoor play.
- The signature EVO feel of the Wilson is perfect for indoor play.
- The ball is soft touch and handling is easy.
- I suggest this ball for practicing your dunks since the handling is easy with it.
- The composite channels are great feeling the ball. I also like the texture over the basketball.
- The proper inflation level of the ball is between 7 and 9 psi.
If you are looking for a training ball, you can prefer this one. It’s one of the best when it comes to handling and soft feeling.
Wilson Killer Crossover Basketball
- The price of the ball makes it perfect for people who are short on the budget.
- If you are a recreational player you should definitely get this one. It will easily satisfy your needs.
- There are three size options on the sales page. You can get the smaller one for teens.
- The ball is suitable for both indoor and outdoor play.
- The material used for the ball is synthetic.
- Some costumers report inflation problems, the ball deflates every single day according to their reviews.
- You might have to inflate the ball every single day to keep it in good condition.
If you are looking for an entry-level ball, this one does the trick. You don’t have to pay extra bucks for another ball.
Spalding NBA Zi-O Basketball 29.5 Inch
- The ball comes inflated and game ready.
- The composite cover is perfect for indoor and outdoor play.
- There are two size options on the sales page. You can buy a size 6 if you are a teenager.
- The composite leather design makes it durable for long term usage.
- The deep channel design makes it perfect for practicing your dribbling.
- The price is also reasonable if you think about the quality.
If you are a recreational player I definitely suggest getting this one. It’s a high-quality ball without going overboard with the price.
Wilson Clutch Basketball
- The all-surface cover is perfect for improved grip.
- The deep channel construction is also great for grip.
- I really like the ball for dribbling sessions.
- It also has a smaller size which is perfect for youngsters.
- If you want to improve your grip you might try out this ball.
This is a great alternative ball from the Wilson brand. It works flawlessly for practicing dribbling.
Best Basketballs for Outdoor Play
Outdoor basketballs are different than standard ones! They are generally made of rubber and more durable than other balls. They have to withstand wet and other bad outdoor conditions to last longer than usual balls!
Spalding NBA Street Basketball
- One of the most preferred balls for outdoor play.
- There are twıo color options on the sales page.
- The ball has three size options you can pick the official size if you are serious about the game.
- The deep channel design makes handling a whole lot easier.
- The ball ships inflated.
- THE suggested PSI is 8.
This is a classic ball for most outdoor plays, you can easily access this ball in any retail store.
Spalding NBA Varsity Outdoor Basketball
- You can pick the size easily on the sales page.
- There 10 different designs on the sales page.
- The designs look pretty funky in my opinion.
- The rubber cover is designed for outdoor performance.
- It’s designed to last longer for outdoor conditions!
- The ball comes inflated and ready to play.
One of the best basketballs for outdoor play. The ball is pretty durable for most of the situations. I definitely suggest this one if you are looking for a value product!
Under Armour Stephen Curry Player Outdoor Basketball
- Exclusive Stephen curry ball.
- The full rubber cover makes it perfect for outdoor play.
- If you are a recreational player you can try it out.
This ball is perfect for youngsters out there. It has shiny and bright colors that are perfect for children. You can also pick the size from the sales page.
Spalding NBA Street Phantom Basketball
- This ball belongs to the top when it comes to outdoor basketball.
- There are other color options on the sales page, the words on the ball change color with the design.
- You can pick the size depending on the players.
- The sponge rubber design is perfect for durability and easy grip.
- The ball comes inflated and game-ready, you don’t have to worry about setting it to right PSI.
- The ball might not be suitable for night time play because of full black color.
This ball doesn’t have any downsides other than full black color. Other than that, this is a perfect example of how street balls should be.