Equestrian sports depend on the performance of the horse! The best way to increase a horse’s performance is by implementing proper nutrition for the horse. You can start improving your horse’s health by getting the best horse feed in the market. There are various factors you have to be careful about before you buy the best horse feed possible. You have to carefully inspect the materials inside it and make your decision according to that! Now let’s take a look at best horse feeds on the market and learn about them!
Top Seller Horse Feeds 2019
Manna Pro Senior Weight Accelerator for Horses
- This one is great for fast gain weight gain because of the fat content of the feed.
- As you know, one gram of fat has nine calories in it, and this feed is calorie-dense.
- This feed is excellent for improving the small horse’s body condition.
- It contains flaxseed, which is an excellent source of omega 3.
- The omega-three inside of it will improve the digestion of the horse.
- Biotin is great for hair growth. It will thicken the hoof of the horse. Humans also use biotin, and it’s beneficial for hair and nail health!
- It can be used for older horses.
This one is great for keeping your horse in excellent condition. It has all the necessary macronutrients in it, which is a plus. I like the flaxseed addition, which promotes essential omega 3s for your horse. If you are looking for a complete horse feed, you can get this one!
Bluebonnet Feeds Triple Crown Senior
- High-calorie density.
- Great fat content.
- Suitable for senior horses.
- It can be used for horses who are prone to ulcers.
- This one can be used for performance horses because of the ingredients.
- Beet-pulp based formula.
This product is beneficial because it’s grain-free, which is perfect for horses who are prone to ulcers. It also has an improved organic mineral content which is a huge plus! I can suggest this one for horses with sensitive stomachs.
Total Feeds Total Equine
- One of the best horse feeds in the market.
- It has all of the things a horse needs.
- Fiber content is excellent for digestion.
- High protein content for further growth.
- It contains all of the major minerals.
- Great for providing energy for small or big horses.
The price of the horse feed is excellent compared to other ones in the market. The protein content makes it different from other brands in the market. If you want to develop a healthy horse, you can try this one!
Modesto Milling Organic
- This is a specially designed organic horse feed.
- Premium organic GMO-free materials used in it. If you want the maximum performance, you can prefer this organic feed.
- It’s perfect for sensitive horses out there; It doesn’t contain any soy products, which is excellent for horse’s health!
- Vitamins and minerals strengthen the formula.
- It also contains extra protein for consistent growth.
- The formula has prebiotics and probiotics your horse needs. Great for improving the general health of the horse!
- This one can be used for improving the immune health of the horse.
- The formula is strengthened with omega three and biotin to improve the hair quality of the horse. Your horse will have the perfect hoof.
- It can be used as a standalone supplement for your horse.
- The supplement can be used for horses who are prone to weight gain!
This product is one of the best out there. It has all of the necessary materials for a healthy horse supplement. If you are looking for the complete package, you can get this one since it contains everything your horse needs!
ADM ANIMAL NUTRITION 81680AAAC4 Stock Sweet Feed
- It’s produced by ADM animal nutrition, which is a brand specialized in animal foods.
- This one can be used for every stock animal.
- It has a general nutrient profile that is suitable for mammals.
- If you are looking for a cheap solution, you can prefer this one!
- It has all of the high-quality ingredients you are looking for.
You can prefer this one if you are looking for something cheap!
Horse Feeding Mistakes
We should be cautious when it comes to feeding our beloved horses. Most of the horse breeders don’t have the necessary knowledge when it comes to feeding these animals. You should avoid these common mistakes if you want to develop your horse correctly.
Most pet owners love their animals. We love looking after these beloved horses and feed them as much as possible. However, this might cause some problems in the long run! Overfeeding is a massive problem in our nature, which can happen quickly nowadays. In the old days, food was scarce, and animals won’t have this kind of problem. Obesity is a big problem nowadays, and it also affects animals. You have to learn specific feeding terminology to avoid the danger of overfeeding your horse.
Most of the horses can benefit from a simple diet. They don’t need extra food most of the time. Horse supplements in this article can be used to the same degree if you know what you are doing! If your horse has nutritional problems, you might think about these supplements. You should learn about the foods and add the necessary supplements to your horse’s diet.
Overfeeding can be a huge problem for young horses, which will affect their performance for the next years! It can cause joint malformations, which is bad for the horse’s speed. You should always aim for slow and steady growth for your young horse. Regular parasite controls and medications are perfect if you want to keep your horse lean and healthy!
Underfeeding is a massive problem because we tend to overestimate the calories of the horse sometimes. Some horses move around too much, and they need more calories than usual. If your horse is continually moving around, you need to implement more high-calorie dense foods into the animal’s diet! If you can’t keep your horse’s condition high with hay and pasture, you should aim for concentrates, which are great feeding options!
Overeating food can cause problems for horses. If your horse has digestion problems, you can look at horse digestion supplements, which can benefit your horse in the long run!
The pasture grass might have some problems. You have to scrutinize it and take away unnecessary weeds. Make sure your pastures are always in excellent condition and provide your horses with adequate nutrition.
Hay quality is another problem. Most of the time, horse owners don’t know which hay to buy for their horses! If you read this article, you can find some high-quality grasses which can be beneficial for your horses!
You should always calculate your horse’s diet by weight, not volume. Calorie calculations should be made around the importance of the food your horse eats! Make sure your horse eats enough amount of food for daily diet.