Mouthguards are necessary since rugby is a hard sport. It can be dangerous if you don’t take precautions! Mouthguards the answer when it comes to the protection of teeth. Most of the extreme sports use this precaution to protect athletes in the sport. We use mouthguards for protecting our mouth area during tackling and contesting with an opponent. It’s essential equipment for rugby. Let’s take a look at best mouthguards for rugby players.
Top Seller Rugby Mouth Guards in 2019
Venum Challenger Mouthguard
- Gel frame is perfect for adjustment and comfort.
- 13 Different designs. The colors are so vibrant and look perfect, in my opinion.
- Provides the right amount of breathing during the matches.
- It’s mainly designed for fights, but the design is also perfect for the rugby!
- High-density rubber frame is excellent for absorbing shocks.
- It is delivered in a protective case for better hygiene.
Venum challenger mouthguard is one of the best sellers, and it has a reasonable price! The material quality is perfect, in my opinion. This one is definitely in my top 5 for mouthguards for rugby! The fitting process is straightforward if you follow the steps with care. It’s effortless to wash with hands, which is excellent!
Shock Doctor Mouthguard
- The mouthguard is so fancy because it has flavored versions which are perfect for kids!
- There are young and adult sizes on the sales page.
- Over 20 different color choices!
- Shock doctor mouthguard is suitable for all contact sports!
- The product comes with a $10000 dental warranty.
- Gel-fit liner is excellent for a secure fit.
- Provides a comfortable fit for extended times of usage.
- %100 satisfaction guarantee.
Another perfect rugby mouthguard! This is one of the most used mouthguards in the market! It has the quality and the function you can expect from a mouthguard. It’s also easy to breathe with this one. I tried it, and I like the quality of the product. I can vouch for this one!
SISU Mouth Guards
- There are two different sizes for adults and kids.
- Design of the mouthguard is perfect breathing!
- 2.4 mm of thickness!
- Offers excellent protection despite the thickness. It’s around %20-30 less thick than standard mouthguards.
- The custom fit makes it perfect for talking during the matches.
- This one is perfect for team sports because you can talk easily with it!
- The moldability is perfect if you can set it up well!
The price is a little bit expensive compared to other products in the market. However, this mouthguard is perfect for rugby. You can easily talk with it while it’s in your mouth. I suggest this one for back players.
OPRO Platinum Level Mouthguard
- Three color options on the sales page.
- The colors are fantastic, in my opinion.
- The black/red one looks great since it’s my favorite color.
- The fitting process is easy.
- Suitable for ages above 10+
- The custom is superior.
- Official mouthguard of UFC.
- It’s also used by New Zealand rugby team.
You can use this one since it’s used by my many professional teams out there. It’s also used by all blacks which makes it perfect mouthguard for rugby!
Nxtrnd Classic Mouth Guard Sports
- Nxtrnd is a standard mouthguard which is suitable for all kinds of sports.
- You can use it for rugby, MMA or football with ease!
- The thin design is comfortable for wearing.
- It’s easy to talk with this one because of the design.
- The snap-in function of Nxtrnd is handy. You can quickly put it on and take it off!
- The box includes two mouthguards which are perfect for the price.
- Suitable for ages above 11+ and adults.
This is a perfect mouthguard for people who are minimalists. It has a thin design easy to use! You are going to fall in love with this one! If you are a back player, you should definitely get this rugby mouthguard!
OPRO Power-Fit Mouthguard
- The protection of this mouthguard is excellent!
- It’s suitable for the forward players because of extra layered protection.
- The product has over 30 designs on the sales page.
- It has sizes suitable for juniors and adults!
- The mouthguard has a perfect design which spreads the force over a larger area which provides additional protection!
- You can breathe easily with this one despite the compact design.
- It’s used by New Zealand rugby team so you can trust the quality!
It comes with 18 months of dental warranty, which is perfect! If you are looking to get the best mouthguard for rugby, you should get this one1
Best Rugby Mouthguard for Kids
Mengdger Mouth Guard
- This one is suitable for big teams out there.
- The package comes with three different mouthguards.
- If your team is short on budget, you can get this one!
- These rugby mouthguards are perfect for training.
- Suitable for juniors.
- It provides soft protection for your kid’s gums!
- Good quality for the price.
- It comes with carrying case which makes things easier!
This is a perfect mouth guard for little kids out there. It has a nice protective case which will prevent your kids from damaging their mouths! It’s also really cheap, which makes it an excellent alternative for training sessions!
Oral Mart Sports Youth Mouth Guard for Kids
- If you are looking for a rugby mouthguard for kids, this might be your best choice.
- It has a little bit better quality then the one above but the price is a little bit higher!
- It has 10 ten different designs on the sales page, which is perfect.
- The mouthguard passes all of the necessary safety tests!
- It doesn’t contain any BPA which is harmful to kids!
- Double layered protection!
This one is perfect for the kids out there! Oral mart mouthguard is straightforward to use. The material quality is ideal for the price. You can get this one if you are looking for a rugby mouth guard for kids!
How to Fit a Mouth Guard
Fitting a mouth guard is exceptionally easy. You can follow these simple steps to make it fit for your teeth. Materials needed: a pot, a timer, 1 cup of ice water, one slotted spoon for this setup.
- You have to put water in the pot around 2-3 inches in height. Boil down the water.
- Put mouth guard in the water with liner facing down.
- Bring out the mouth guard.
- Let it cool off for 90 seconds.
- Fit it into your upper teeth and bite down firmly!
- You have to press it in suck and press center part.
- After the 6th step, you have to suck it in and press the edges.
- Then put it in the ice water for 10 minutes.
- You can test the mouthguard after the procedure.
- You can trim off front parts of the mouthguard with a trimmer!