Mouthguards are necessary since rugby is a hard sport. It can be dangerous if you don’t take precautions! Mouthguards the answer when it comes to the protection of teeth. Most of the extreme sports use this precaution to protect athletes in the sport. We use mouthguards for protecting our mouth area during tackling and contesting with an opponent. It’s essential equipment for rugby. Let’s take a look at the best mouthguards for rugby players.
Top Seller Rugby Mouthguards in 2020
I’ve added four new products for 2020. These products are the best sellers and they have high-quality materials. IF you have any questions about them make sure you leave comments below!
Shock Doctor Gel Max Power Carbon
- There are dozens of design options on the sales page!
- The mouthguard is perfect for any sports out there.
- The new gel fit is perfect for any teeth type out there. It’s easy to fit and provides a comfortable fit.
- You can use this mouthguard for union games since it’s highly comfortable!
- The shock frame provides protection against the hardest impacts.
- There are integrated breathing channels on the mouthguard which is great for easy breathing.
This one of the best mouthguards of the shock doctor brand. The product is made of high-quality materials that ensure it stands the test of time. It also comes with a detachable football helmet strap which makes it useful for football!
Redline Sportswear Custom Molded Mouthguard
- This is a one size fits all products which works perfectly for adults and kids.
- The quality of the product is pretty normal.
- It has a reasonable price compared to material quality. The product doesn’t contain and PVC or BPA.
- The carrying case makes it perfect for training sessions. You can easily carry it around during practice.
- The product comes with a hundred percent satisfaction guarantee!
If you are looking for a basic mouthguard that works efficiently you can prefer this one.
SISU Mouth Guards Aero 1.6mm Custom Fit
- I really like the crumble zones on this product. They are perfect for absorbing the impact effects.
- There are three size options which makes it perfect for both adults and kids.
- You can also pick your preferred color since it has dozens of options.
- The product has a thickness of 1.6mm which provides plenty of protection. It also provides the comfort your kid looking for!
- The slim and custom design of the product makes it perfect for back players. You can easily talk with these in your mouth!
- The wider bite pad is great for providing protection for all of your gum!
These mouthguards are perfect for rugby games. They are suitable for almost any position regardless of your size. If you have an average-sized mouth you should definitely get these!
Venum Challenger Mouthguard
- The gel frame is perfect for adjustment and comfort.
- 13 Different Designs. The colors are so vibrant and look perfect, in my opinion.
- It provides the right amount of breathing during the matches.
- It’s mainly designed for fights, but the design is also perfect for the rugby!
- A high-density rubber frame is excellent for absorbing shocks.
- It is delivered in a protective case for better hygiene.
Venum challenger mouthguard is one of the best sellers, and it has a reasonable price! The material quality is perfect, in my opinion. This one is definitely in my top 5 for mouthguards for rugby! The fitting process is straightforward if you follow the steps with care. It’s effortless to wash with hands, which is excellent!
Shock Doctor Mouthguard
- The mouthguard is so fancy because it has flavored versions that are perfect for kids!
- There are young and adult sizes on the sales page.
- Over 20 different color choices!
- Shock doctor mouthguard is suitable for all contact sports!
- The product comes with a $10000 dental warranty.
- Gel-fit liner is excellent for a secure fit.
- It provides a comfortable fit for extended times of usage.
- %100 satisfaction guarantee.
Another perfect rugby mouthguard! This is one of the most used mouthguards in the market! It has the quality and the function you can expect from a mouthguard. It’s also easy to breathe with this one. I tried it, and I like the quality of the product. I can vouch for this one!
SISU Mouth Guards
- There are two different sizes for adults and kids.
- The design of the mouthguard is perfect breathing!
- 2.4 mm of thickness!
- It offers excellent protection despite the thickness. It’s around %20-30 less thick than standard mouthguards.
- The custom fit makes it perfect for talking during the matches.
- This one is perfect for team sports because you can talk easily with it!
- The moldability is perfect if you can set it up well!
The price is a little bit expensive compared to other products in the market. However, this mouthguard is perfect for rugby. You can easily talk with it while it’s in your mouth. I suggest this one for back players.
OPRO Platinum Level Mouthguard
- Three color options on the sales page.
- The colors are fantastic, in my opinion.
- The black/red one looks great since it’s my favorite color.
- The fitting process is easy.
- Suitable for ages above 10+
- The custom is superior.
- Official mouthguard of UFC.
- It’s also used by the New Zealand rugby team.
You can use this one since it’s used by my many professional teams out there. It’s also used by all blacks, which makes it a perfect mouthguard for rugby!
Nxtrnd Classic Mouth Guard Sports
- Nxtrnd is a standard mouthguard that is suitable for all kinds of sports.
- You can use it for rugby, MMA, or football with ease!
- The thin design is comfortable for wearing.
- It’s easy to talk to this one because of the design.
- The snap-in function of Nxtrnd is handy. You can quickly put it on and take it off!
- The box includes two mouthguards, which are perfect for the price.
- Suitable for ages above 11+ and adults.
This is a perfect mouthguard for people who are minimalists. It has a thin design easy to use! You are going to fall in love with this one! If you are a back player, you should definitely get this rugby mouthguard!
OPRO Power-Fit Mouthguard
- The protection of this mouthguard is excellent!
- It’s suitable for the forward players because of extra layered protection.
- The product has over 30 designs on the sales page.
- It has sizes suitable for juniors and adults!
- The mouthguard has a perfect design that spreads the force over a larger area, which provides additional protection!
- You can breathe easily with this one despite the compact design.
- It’s used by the New Zealand rugby team so you can trust the quality!
It comes with 18 months of dental warranty, which is perfect! If you are looking to get the best mouthguard for rugby, you should get this one1
Best Rugby Mouthguard for Kids
Mengdger Mouth Guard
- This one is suitable for big teams out there.
- The package comes with three different mouthguards.
- If your team is short on budget, you can get this one!
- These rugby mouthguards are perfect for training.
- Suitable for juniors.
- It provides soft protection for your kid’s gums!
- Good quality for the price.
- It comes with a carrying case, which makes things easier!
This is a perfect mouth guard for little kids out there. It has a nice protective case that will prevent your kids from damaging their mouths! It’s also really cheap, which makes it an excellent alternative for training sessions!
Oral Mart Sports Youth Mouth Guard for Kids
- If you are looking for a rugby mouthguard for kids, this might be your best choice.
- It has a little bit better quality then the one above but the price is a little bit higher!
- It has 10 ten different designs on the sales page, which is perfect.
- The mouthguard passes all of the necessary safety tests!
- It doesn’t contain any BPA, which is harmful to kids!
- Double layered protection!
This one is perfect for the kids out there! Oral mart mouthguard is straightforward to use. The material quality is ideal for the price. You can get this one if you are looking for a rugby mouth guard for kids!
How to Fit a Mouth Guard
Fitting a mouth guard is exceptionally easy. You can follow these simple steps to make it fit for your teeth. Materials needed: a pot, a timer, 1 cup of ice water, one slotted spoon for this setup.
- You have to put water in the pot around 2-3 inches in height. Boil down the water.
- Put mouth guard in the water with liner facing down.
- Bring out the mouth guard.
- Let it cool off for 90 seconds.
- Fit it into your upper teeth and bite down firmly!
- You have to press it in the suck and press center part.
- After the 6th step, you have to suck it in and press the edges.
- Then put it in the ice water for 10 minutes.
- You can test the mouthguard after the procedure.
- You can trim off the front parts of the mouthguard with a trimmer!
How to Pick Best Rugby Mouth Guard Possible?
There are a couple of factors you need to check out before buying the best rugby mouthguard. These factors are pretty easy if you know what you are doing. If you follow my steps exactly, you can easily find yourself a high-quality rugby mouthguard. THE most important factors are material quality, area of protection, price, comfort, brand. Let’s start out with material quality so you can get the best one possible!
The material quality of the mouthguard is highly important especially for rugby sport. The sport relies purely on strength and contact moments which makes the mouthguard extra important. Most of the mouthguards are made of plastic however, they have different ingredients in it.
First of all, you should avoid BPA at all costs which is a harmful ingredient for both adults and kids. Nowadays, mouthguards have gel frames in it which provide better comfort for the player. This part is highly important for comfort and protection. You can avoid the products which are made of pure plastic! Rubber is also a great option when it comes to picking the best material possible. They have more flexibility compared to standard plastic products. You should want some flexibility in your rugby mouthguards because the player should be able to talk in while wearing them!
Area of Protection
The wideness of the mouthguard is highly important especially if you are a forward player. Forward players tend to have too many impacts in the game which is hard on their bodies! If you have a wide mouthguard that provides protection for all of the teeth this will ensure a healthy player in the long run.
The price of the mouthguards is generally around ten bucks for most of the time. High-quality mouthguards are around fifteen dollar range. If you want to avoid low-quality products you should pay more than ten bucks in my opinion!
The comfort of the mouthguard is another important factor because rugby matches are 80 minutes long if you are playing union. 7s doesn’t cause any problem for comfort since you don’t wear it as long as the union. If you are going to play longer sessions, you should buy comfortable mouthguards.
There are tons of high-quality brands in the market. These brands are better for the long run if you are really into sports. I suggest you take a look at Venum, Nxtrnd, and Shock doctor.
These are my most important tips if you want to get a high-quality mouthguard for rugby. If you have any suggestions please make sure you comment about them below!