Calming supplements for horses are necessary if you want to develop your horse it’s the fullest performance and protect the horse’s health! There are many products in the market and all of them have different functions for the horse. First of all, each horse is different so they will react differently to the materials inside the supplements. They will also need different ingredients for their unique issues!
AniMed Via Calm
- This product has two versions including 5lb and 2 lb version. Each one has the same formula so you can use any of them!
- It has calming ingredients to help the horse!
- There are tryptophan and thiamine in the product which helps horses to release serotonin. It allows them to calm down.
- The product also has some calcium and magnesium which is a great addition!
- The product is perfect for the horses that are preparing for competitions!
- It also comes with naturally occurring microorganisms which is great for healthy digestion!
I definitely suggest this one since it has all the basic ingredients you need for your horse!
Farnam 554173 Quietx II Pellets
- This one is perfect for keeping the horses alert. It has proven ingredients to keep the horses alert and focus.
- It won’t cause big energy spikes like other products which results in steady energy for most of the horses.
- Most of the horse owners use this product for dental visits which eases the process
- The product comes in easy to use paste syringe.
- Some of the horses don’t like the taste of the product. If your horse is not a picky eater, you can try this one out!
- The product generally kicks in within an hour for most of the horses so keep this in mind before you use it!
If you are looking for an effective product to keep your horse calm you can this one out!
Farnam Quietex II Focusing & Calming Paste for Horses
- This has the same formula as the one above and it works effectively.
- It comes in the ready form so you don’t have to prepare it yourself!
- If you are constantly traveling this is a great product to have by!
Perfect Prep Training Day Horse Calming Supplement
- This is a great product with different size options.
- You can use the product daily with morning or evening feed.
- This product has a direct effect and you will notice it more after 3-5 days.
- You can use the product alone or as a part of your system.
- There are no prohibited substances in this product!
This product is a little bit pricey compared to other ones in the market. However, it works pretty well compared to other products in the market! You can combine it with other calming supplements before your horse’s prep to reap the full benefits!
REDMOND Daily Gold Stress Relief
- This product contains natural montmorillonite. It has 68 different elements in it which are highly crucial for animals and people. As you know, minerals are the life source of humans and animals so it’s highly important for the horse!
- The product is rich in antioxidants which is great for clearing out the digestive issues for the horses!
- The high pH of the product is great for burning out acidic ulcers. It’s highly beneficial for the horses which have ulcer symptoms!
- You can mix it with your horse’s feed to reap its full benefits!
- The 4.5 pounds version lasts around 5 weeks if you use two scoops a day.
- You can mix this one with other supplements since it’s mostly made of minerals.
This is a great additional supplement for treating digestive issues. The product is not harmful at all since it only contains minerals, glucosamine, and chondroitin. You can mix it with other supplements but you should avoid high doses of glucosamine and chondroitin because it already has these ingredients in it!
Mare Magic 32 oz
- This is great for horses on cycle. It will make the horse feel more comfortable during the process.
- The product comes with a dry raspberry leaf which is great for hormonal changes!
- You can also use this one on geldings.
- It won’t cause any problem with the tests. The product won’t yield positive test results.
- The food is highly palatable, you don’t have to mix it with other feeds. The smell of the product is not disturbing even for humans!
- There two size options depending on your needs!
- The product might take two months to kick in so you need to be patient with the effects!
If you have a mare who is causing some trouble you can try this one out. It’s perfect for calming down horses who are having hormonal problems!
Majesty’s Kalm+ Wafers – Balanced Behavior & Nervous System Function Supplement
- The product is a month supply and I think it has a reasonable price.
- It’s great for standard horses which have normal problems.
- You can use it as needed or daily.
- The product is NASC certified.
- 60 Day supply is pretty cheap compared to the 30-day version. You will get more value for the price.
If you need a standard product with high-quality materials in it.
Vita Flex Vision Focusing & Calming Supplement for Horses
- This is a great focusing supplement because it doesn’t cause any drop in performance!
- There are seven active ingredients in this product. These are L-tryptophan, thiamine, inositol, riboflavin, magnesium, vitamin b6, valerian root extract.
- These ingredients are highly beneficial natural substances which are great for calming down the horses. These materials are also effective for humans!
- This product can be used for heavy training sessions since it will increase the focusing of the horses.
- Some horse owners use this one race too. However, you should check your association for the regulations.
- You can mix it with food if you want your horse to eat all of it. Some horses don’t like the taste.
This product is perfect and works flawlessly compared to other ones in the market. It doesn’t cause any drowsiness for the horse!
Perfect Products Perfect Prep EQ Gold Pellets
- This one has quality! It’s one of the best products in the market right now but people avoid it because of the high price.
- The horses love the taste because of the perfect design. It’s easy to feed pellets.
- The product has perfequin which is a calming substance known as perfegenic before. This is great for calming down the horse!
- The Gastroease formula is great for reducing digestive tract issues!
- You will notice the change in your horse after 4-6 feedings.
I definitely suggest this one if you are looking for a high-quality product that works flawlessly.
Oralx Calm & Cool Pellets for Horses
- The product has L-tryptophan in it which is great for calming down the horses.
- This is great for calming down the anxious and excitable horses.
- You can use it before training sessions since it has a reasonable price.
- It’s great for training sessions because of the natural formula.
- The product allows your horse to have more productive training sessions.
- Some horse owners reported good effects after upping the dosage. However, you should start out small and increase the dosage as your horse gets adapted to it!
This is a great product, especially before training sessions. It kicks in pretty fast and you can see the effects right into your horse’s training sessions. IF you need a highly effective training performance enhancer you can try this one out!
Innovet Pet Products Equine PCR Hemp Pellets for Horses
- I really like this one because it has an all-natural formula with a full spectrum of ingredients.
- It contains omega 3-6-9 which is necessary for perfect cellular function.
- It comes with 25mg of PCR per tablespoon which is necessary for calming down the horses.
- It’s great for reducing the inflammation and stress of the horse!
- The formula is rich or terpene and flavonoids which makes it perfect for all-natural formula!
- It can be used for farm animals or other animals. You need to determine the dosage in order to reap its full effects.
- The product is fully organic and doesn’t contain any GMO ingredients!
If you need a full spectrum product that works effectively, you should try it out! It works flawlessly and has all of the necessary ingredients to calm down the horse!
How to Pick the Best Horse Calming Supplement?
There are too many products on the market right now and I have to admit each one looks pretty promising. However, you need to make a decision as a horse owner. There are a couple of factors here you need to know before you make the purchase. First of all, you need to know the ingredients inside the product. This is extremely important because each horse has a different problem therefore it needs a different solution. I’ve listed to top ingredients found in calming supplements so you can make the decision based on your horse’s needs!
Quality is the second important factor because it directly affects the effectiveness of the product. The brand of the supplement is also crucial, there are many unknown products out there that might even cause problems for your horse.
Price and performance might be an issue if you are short on the budget. You need to get the most efficient product for your horse!
There are a couple of ingredients that are really helpful for calming down the horses. I’ve listed them below and their effects so you can learn about them if you want. This will make sure you buy the most suitable product for your horse’s needs.
Minerals are pretty basic and they are required for the body’s functions. It’s needed by organisms to perform functions that are necessary for life! Minerals cannot be resynthesized by horses therefore they need to be acquired from outside sources. You need to meet the requirements of essential minerals if you want to have your horse to perform at it’s best!
Glucosamine & Chondroitin
Glucosamine is a pretty common supplement that is used by humans too. However, there is little evidence it reduces pain or treats arthritis. It’s not a prescription drug so keep that in mind before you buy it.
Chondroitin on the other hand looks pretty promising in the studies. People believe it has an increased effect when combined with glucosamine and this might be true. There are researches that show reduce of pain in the knee and hip pain and it slows down the progression of injuries. However, the effect of the products is still doubtful!
This is an amino-acid which is used for various type of functions. The body cannot synthesize this one so it must be obtained from the diet. This is crucial for both humans and horses. It’s also a precurse of the neurotransmitter serotonin and melatonin. It’s used as an antidepressant therefore it’s highly beneficial for the performance of the horse.
The quality of the product is highly important because it won’t be affected if the ingredients are low quality. You need to get high-quality products in order to reap the full benefits of every mg in the bottle!
The brand of the product is another important factor. There are cheap brands out there that don’t have the necessary ingredients and materials in them.
Price & Performance
Most of the tubs last around a month with daily usage. However, there are some products out there that provide the best value for your money. Some products can last up to 3 months with daily usage. You need to determine what type of product and how long you are going to use it. This will directly affect the timeline of the product therefore you will spend less money.
Supplements are a complex subject that should be delved deeply. If you don’t have any knowledge make sure you know the basics first. You can determine your horse’s needs after that. It’s a really wise decision to make your purchase based on your horse’s special needs.