Horse clippers are the necessary items for any barn owner out there. You have to keep your animal’s physical condition at a high level if you are competitive about equestrian sports. These items are pretty good for trimming and grooming your horses. Some of them also suitable for livestock animals, which makes them really handy! Let’s take a look at the best sellers in the market so we can learn about the specifications of these products!
Top Seller Horse Clippers
Wahl Professional Animal Show Pro Plus Equine Horse Clipper
- This horse clipper is perfect for the trimming of the bridle pat, fetlocks, and the face of the horses. It can also be used on the ears of the horses!
- You can even do some light body clipping if you are skilled enough!
- The adjustable taper level is excellent for adjusting the blade size. You can change it between 30, 15 and 10 with ease. It’s effortless to control, which decreases the time spent during clipping sessions.
- It offers 7200 strokes per minute, which is excellent compared to other products in the market!
- The measurements are pretty small, which makes it convenient. The sizes are 6. 5 by two by 1. 5 inches (H x W x D).
- It’s made in the USA which makes it high-quality compared to other products in the market.
- The product comes with a grooming tool that is made of soft plastic. It’s so easy to use thanks to easy-grip function.
- If you are looking for a professional animal clipper at a reasonable price, you should get this one!
Wahl Professional Animal Bravura Pet
- This one is suitable for all types of pets, which makes it a great alternative. It also comes with five different colors, which make it preferable by most of the customers.
- The 5-in-1 blade is excellent for giving rooms to animals.
- It’s suitable for professionals and amateurs at the same time because of the functions.
- You can change the sizes to 9, 10, 15, 30, and 40 with ease!
- It offers cuts at different lengths, which makes it suitable for different places.
- The rechargeable battery is extremely high-quality. It can run up to 90 minutes without any problems. This is enough for most of the trimming work!
- The clipper will work at full power until it’s depleted, which is perfect. However, it can stop almost any moment, so you have to watch the battery level!
- The battery can recharge at 60 minutes, which is excellent!
- The product is only 9 ounces, which is pretty lightweight, and it’s only 7 inches long.
If you are looking for a professional horse clipper with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, you should get this one!
Oster Pet Clippers | A5 2-Speed Animal Grooming Clipper
- These pet clippers is graet for people who are looking for different motor power. The heavy-duty motor unit can deliver 3000 or 4000 strokes per minute, which is pretty good!
- The sturdy design of the horse clipper makes it useful for any state.
- The clipper is pretty wide, which is excellent for fast trimming sessions!
- It’s ideal for grooming dogs, cats, and horses. Some people use it on livestock animals too!
- The detachable cryogen-x blades are perfect for replacing the blades. The maintenance of the clippers is pretty easy!
- If you can do all of the maintenance for this blade, it will last longer than other products in the market!
- Most of the customers use this one for dogs and cats. However, it can be used for horses too!
You can change the motor speed, which is great for sensitive horses. You can set it to 3000 rpm to avoid freaking out the horses, which is also great for slow trimming and grooming sessions. This feature is perfect for some of the horses!
Wahl Professional Animal Arco Equine Horse Cordless Clipper
- It’s another 5-in-1 blade from the Wahl brand. This brand has high-quality products, and you are going to love this one.
- This trimmer is slower compared to other ones in the market. However, it will make no noise, which is great for horses!
- You can use this one for precise trimming of the ears and muzzles. It can also be used on the bridle paths of the horses!
- The product comes with two removable batteries which separate it from the others. You can do long, grooming sessions without worrying about the battery.
- A single battery can last up to 80 minutes, which is pretty good. You can also charge it within 45-60 minutes with ease!
- The ergonomic design is straightforward on the hand. Your hands won’t get tired quickly!
- The lightweight design is perfect for the wrists and shoulders.
- It only weighs 8 ounces, which is pretty low. The product also comes with a one year warranty.
- It’s made in Germany, so you don’t have to worry about the quality!
If you are looking for a trimmer for the noise-sensitive horse, this one should be your purchase. It works flawlessly, which makes the process easy!
Wahl Professional Animal Pro Ion Equine Cordless Horse Clipper
- This one is suitable for light body clipping, which makes the process easy!
- It’s also suitable for the ears and faces of the horses, which separates it from the others.
- The product works cordless, which is pretty convenient! It can run up to two hours, which separates it from peers!
- The product can charge within 15 minutes with the quick charge technology of the WAHL. You can use it for ten minutes with a quick 15-minute charge, which allows you to finish unfinished tasks!
- It operates at a powerful 6000 strokes per minute, which might be scary for some animals. However, the clipping process is really and fast!
- The product weighs 10.3 ounces, which makes it one of the most massive products in the market! However, it’s a high-quality and heavy-duty product, so that’s pretty normal!
If you care about the maintenance of the products, this product will last longer compared to the other ones. I like this one for fast trimming sessions since it’s extremely Powerful!
Wild Edge Horse Clipper
- If you are looking for an alternative, this one can work too!
- The design is heavy-duty, which is excellent for medium and large horses!
- You can use this one for all livestock animals.
- It operates at 130watts, which is pretty high!
- It comes with a shocking speed of 2500 rpm.
- The anti-slip grip is perfect for fast and efficient trimming.
- The counterbalanced crank is excellent for low vibration.
- It has a cord length of 12 feet.
If you are looking for a high-quality product that doesn’t produce any heat at all, you can get this one without hesitation! You can use it on almost any livestock animal, which makes it a great alternative!
Andis ProClip 2-Speed Detachable Blade Clipper
- This one is also a magnificent one for noise-sensitive animals.
- It doesn’t produce any noise at all, which is excellent for professional horse trimming.
- The trimming area is pretty broad, which reduces the grooming time.
- The detachable blade design is excellent for maintenance and replacing old blades!
- It’s also great for cleaning and changing the blades.
- The product comes with an UltraEdge size t-84 blade, which is pretty wide.
- The rotary motor has two speeds, which is great for the professionals. You can set the speed however you want!
The product comes with a durable hard case, which is graet for storing the item. It’s perfect for all sizes of horses, which makes it a great alternative. If you have different sized horses, you can pick this one. It also doesn’t make any noise at all, which makes it a great alternative!
TAKEKIT Horse Clippers Professional Electric Animal Grooming Kit
- This one is ideal for trimming big and hairy horses. It works pretty well compared to other ones because of the heavy-duty design.
- It comes with six different speeds, which is graet for professionals!
- You can use the lower numbers(1-3) for sensitive areas and highspeed ones for faster trims and full-body shaves!
- The heavy-duty motor is high-quality, and it’s designed to last longer!
- It comes with high-heat resistance and less vibration.
- The noise is pretty low for a 380w grooming kit.
- The sharped blade is perfect for long-lasting grooming sessions.
- The durability of the product is excellent.
- You can also use it on other animals like goats, llamas, ponies, or cattle with ease.
Happybuy Electric Horse Clipper
- I’ve put this one for people who need the best cord length! It comes with a 16.4 ft cable, which is the longest I’ve come across!
- The blade width is 78mm and 3 inches, which is broad for other products n the market.
- It can work up to 2400 per minute, which is excellent for big horses.
- The shearing blade is high-quality and reliable. It’s made of stainless steel, which is designed to last longer!
- The product is extremely portable, thanks to its carry box. The lightweight design also makes it a great alternative!
- This electric clipper is excellent for noises sensitive animals since it doesn’t produce any sound at all!
The grip structure is neat, but it could be better! If you are looking for a horse clipper which can be used on heavy-duty horses, this one is your answer!
How to Pick Best Horse Clipper?
There are tons of horse clippers in the market. Some of them are made in the USA, and some of them are made in Europe. If you are going to buy a horse clipper that’s made in Europe, make sure you stick to the Wahl brand. It’s made in Germany, and the engineering is perfect compared to other peers. They have high-quality products for all purposes. The main criteria for horse clipping, you should know what you need from the clipper. Every horse needs a different product, which affects the final decision. For example, if you have a noise-sensitive horse, you have to pick a clipper, which doesn’t make too much noise. Make sure you read the functions of the clippers below to acquire the best possible one!
The material quality is the most important thing when it comes to clippers. I would prefer a german made product for this purpose. They have the best steel quality in the world, and the products are durable. Most of the models have attachable blades, which makes them an excellent option for any barn owner out there. If you want to keep your products at a high-level, you should think about high-quality german horse clippers. They are the best.
The material quality is also related to the price. Most of the high-quality horse clippers have a cost of around 100 dollars. If you are looking for a high-quality price, you should pay this price for the clipper you want. However, if you only have a few horses, a cheaper one can do the trick!
The price of the products varies a lot depending on the steel and plastics quality. Some of the products have higher products compared to others because of things like battery power, engine power, steel quality, and brand. When it comes to horse clippers, brand affects the quality. You should buy products from popular brands if you want to avoid problems! They might cost a couple of dozen more, but they have the quality!
The engine power of the horse clippers is significant. Most of the heavy-duty horses require powerful horse clippers. Some horse clippers have different speed mods, which might be beneficial if you have different types of horses in your barn! The engine powers also affect the noise the clipper makes. If you have little horses or noise-sensitive horses, you should stay away from too powerful products!
If you are continually using your horse clipper, you need to get a product with an ergonomic grip. Most of the barn owners do trimming sessions lasting between 2 and 3 hours. The grip will directly affect your performance, which is vital in my opinion. If you have too many horses, you should buy products with a good grip. They should be comfortable on your hands and wrist!
The lightweight design also affects the performance of the horse clipper. There are some clippers out there, which are heavy. You can’t hold them in your hands for hours. You should avoid products like that if you want the best experience. The compactness also affects the storage and secure carriage of the product. It also affects the grooming experience. If you have small horses, you should buy the compact horse clippers!
Cordless design is the best if you regularly move between places. Most of the models require electricity to work. However, there are products out there that have batteries installed in them. If you want a long-lasting horse clipper, you should invest products with big batteries. There are also models which have retractable batteries; these are great for people who continuously use the horse clippers!
There are tons of horse clippers for different needs. You need to know what you are looking for if you want to purchase best possible. Each horse requires a different type of horse clipper, and you should keep this in mind. If you don’t want to do research, you can just check out the comparison table at the top of this article!