Horse shampoos are pretty crucial for the horse’s hair health. There are plenty of products you can find for your horse. However, all of them are not same. They contain different ingredients and they make some towards certain hair diseases. First of all, you need to identify your horse’s problem and make your choice according to that. I’m going to share the best seller horse shampoos in the market so you can pick a suitable product for your horse!
Eqyss Micro-Tek Equine Shampoo
- This might be the best product on my list.
- It soothes the irritated skin like no other!
- It will also help with cases of itching and rubbing.
- It won’t cause any burn to the animal! You can use it on open wounds without worries.
- You can use the product in a genital area without any problems.
- The product doesn’t contain any steroidal ingredients.
- Some customers use this one for psoriasis treatments for humans!
- You should read the use instructions if you want the full benefits. You must consult medical experts if you are going to use the product for yourself!
Miracle Coat, Premium Horse Shampoo
- The shampoo promotes faster healing of skin irritations caused by fungus and flies.
- It will also be beneficial properties to heal scratches and cuts.
- The effect of the product stays pretty long.
- One of the best products of Miracle Care brand.
- You can use it on other pets like dogs and cats. It won’t cause any harm to them.
- It works well for cases of scurf!
Eqyss Premier Equine Conditioner
- This is the best conditioner you might use for your pets and horses!
- It’s one of the softest conditioners out there, it will make coat shiny and beautiful.
- The detangling benefits of the product is perfect. You can use it only curly hair without worries.
- It moisturizes the skin and coat.
- You can clear out the product pretty easily, it only takes a few minutes for this product!
- The non-slip finish is perfect.
- The customers are highly satisfied with the product. Most of the owners use it for dogs and reap huge benefits. It will give the animal’s hair a perfect natural shine without affecting the coat. If you are looking for a good conditioner without additional products, you can get this one!
William Hunter Equestrian Gallop Colour Enhancing Horse Shampoo 500ml
- This one is perfect for preparing your horse for shows.
- You should pick the color according to your horse’s natural hair color.
- You can use this product routinely, but it’s better if you use it before shows.
- It cleans the hair with natural ingredients!
- The shampoo doesn’t contain any dye, but it brings out the color that has faded under the sun!
- If you are looking for a color enhancing horse shampoo, this is your best bet!
Pyranha Elite E3 Hair 16 oz Growth Equine Horse Dog Mane Tail Growth Stimulant Shampoo
- One of the best shampoos for hair growth!
- It will improve the life cycle of the horse’s hair.
- It’s designed for improved vitality.
- The shampoo is suitable for dogs.
- Ph balanced.
- Suitable for dogs.
Dechra DermaBenSs Shampoo for Dogs, Cats & Horses
- IT’s perfect for bacterial and skin infections.
- Owners use it for staph infections, seborheir conditions for their horses and dogs.
- It doesn’t contain any soap which makes it gentle for little animals.
- It’s a soap free antiseborrheic shampoo.
- The shampoo is suitable for degreasing and follicular flusing.
- It comes with ceramides to aid moisturizing.
- They make the product in the USA.
You can use this product without worries since it doesn’t contain any harmful ingredients. Most of the owners have used this product with no problems. If you have an animal with skin problems, you can try this one out!
Blue Stuff It’s A Fungus Amungus
- The shampoo is helpful for most of the infections.
- You can use it with a sponge to clear the infected areas.
- The shampoo is great for relieving itching stress.
- Customers also use it for skin irritations.
- This one is perfect for curing scratches on the horses. Most of the customers reported positive usage results with this one.
- The product instantly relieves the skin of the animals. People use it for their donkeys, horses, and dogs without worries.
I definitely vouch for this one. It might be the best product for pain relief and infection clearing.
How to pick the Best Horse Shampoo?
There are tons of horse shampoos in the market right now. Each other requires different type of care, therefore you need to make different choices for unique problems. You need to identify your horse’s problem at first place. If your problem is irritation, you can try calming horse shampoos. However, if your horse has infections, you might have to try different route. Most of the users are combining creams and shampoos for treating horse infections. I’ll list the most important factors for choosing a horse shampoo so you can pick the most suitable one for your needs.
The ingredients should be high quality. You can understand this by checking ingredients online. The brand should be well known if you want to avoid problems. However, you should still try out new products if your problem is a persisting one. Let’s take a look at ingredients so we can learn the effects.
There are plenty of different ingredients used in horse shampoos. They can contain;
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine
- Sodium Chloride
- Cocamide MEA
- Glycol Distearate
- Propylene Glycol
- Fragrance (perfume)
- Hydrolyzed Collagen
- Citric Acid
- Butylphenyl Methylpropional
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is found in most beauty products, and it’s designed to lower surface tension between ingredients. It’s a cleaning and foaming agent, despite the knowledge it won’t cause cancer or skin irritation. You can safely use it for animals!
- Cocamide MEA is a derived fatty acid from coconut oil, which doesn’t cause any harm to the horse’s hair. Its primary purpose is to thicken the hair.
- Glycol Distearate is an agent which is a common thickening agent. You can use it on horse’s hair without worries.
- Propylene Glycol is an alcohol, some horse owners might not prefer this. It comes to down your personal preferences.
- The red ones might be harmful for your horse, but you can do further research on them.
I’ve shared my knowledge about the ingredients, I know. If you have any additional suggestions feel free to write them in comments!
You should determine your final purchase depending on your horse’s problem. If you have any other horse shampoo suggestions feel free to write them below!