Joint supplements for horses are necessary in my opinion. If you want your horse to perform at its best and have no pain you should always include joint supplements in your horse’s diet. These products are great for not just for injured horses. You can also use them as a preventive measure! Let’s take a look at the best joint supplements for horses in the market and find a suitable one for your horse!
Recovery EQ with Hyaluronic Acid
- The product has too many ingredients in it including, vitamin c, MSM, glucosamine, vitamin e, magnesium, and hyaluronic acid.
- If you need a hyaluronic acid product this might work pretty well for the horse.
- The glucosamine and MSM formula is standard for joint problems.
- You need to use the product gradually, you should check out the sales page for full information.
- The product is suitable for little animals too. However, you need to do some calculations for the weight of your dog!
You can try it out if your horse needs hyaluronic acid, it also has added vitamins and minerals which are beneficial to any animal out there!
RICHDEL Select The Best MSM
- Three size options at the sales page.
- The product is suitable for both dogs and horses.
- The four-pound version is great. It can last 6 months for an adult horse!
- The MSM is a well known joint support for the horses. It’s also used in humans.
- The product doesn’t have any odor or taste which won’t cause any problems for your horse!
- I suggest this product for senior horses and dogs.
- You can use this one on your horse which has joint problems. It will fix most of the problems or at least ease the pain!
If you want to reap the full benefits you should at least use the product for two months. It won’t fix anything in the short term.
Absorbine Flex Max Pellets
- Two size options at the sales page.
- The pellets are optimized for optimal joint health of the horses!
- The formula is highly concentrated which is great for joints and connective tissues!
- It contains 10000 mg glucosamine, 5000 mg MSM in a serving.
- Hyaluronic acid also helps the aging of the horse.
- Boswellia serrata is a plant used for treatments of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis (RA). It’s included in this product. However, the amount is not enough in my opinion. It only has 130 mg which is pretty low but still better than nothing.
- You can also use this product for other animals too, you should calculate the weight of the other animal use it accordingly!
If you are looking for a basic joint supplement for horses, this one can do the trick. It comes with everything your horse needs. There are some products with better amounts of ingredients but this one works well too!
- There are other size options for this product. You can buy bigger ones if you need more value!
- The product contains resveratrol. This ingredient is pretty rare and it’s supposed to help joint problems.
- The product is great for reducing the gene expression of inflammatory mediators.
- It will relieve soreness like no other.
- You can easily mix this one with daily feeds of the horses!
- The packing can change so keep that in mind.
- The product starts to work around 4-6 weeks. Make sure you use it continuously if you want to reap the full benefits. This one also works better with horses who arthritic problems.
If you are looking for a high-quality product you can try out this one since it works pretty well!
Manna Pro Rapid Flex
- One of the most complete joint supplement for horses.
- It has a reduced amount of glucosamine and MSM keep that in mind! However, you can use two servings of this to reap the full benefits.
- It also comes with many other ingredients like cayenne pepper, ginger root, black cohost root, celery seed, and many others. You should check out the ingredients table for full information. There are 9 different herbs in it!
- The product comes in 4-pound packages which provide enough value for the customer!
- The pelleted formula of the product guarantees fast acting which is perfect for horse owners!
- The product is clinically proven which makes it a great candidate! It also contains three big players including glucosamine HCl, chondroitin sulfate, and hyaluronic acid.
Most of the horses consume this one without any problems. The product advertises it as a fast-acting however it’s almost the same as other products in that department in my experience! However, it still works fast but not that much!
Nutramax Cosequin ASU Equine Powder
- This is constantly recommended by veterinarians because of the ingredients. However, the thing about this product is its material quality.
- ıt has high-quality ingredients that work effortlessly!
- The avocado/soybean unsaponifiables (ASU) is great for increasing the effectiveness of Glucosamine.
- If you are looking for a professional product this one might work well.
- You can also combine this one with other products in my opinion. They will create a better synergy together since this product only has basic ingredients and ASU as an addition.
- The taste is great for the horses since it tastes like apples. The horses won’t have any problem with eating this.
- Some customers also use this one for dogs. However, you should only do this if you have big dogs!
The price of the product is a little bit expensive because of the ingredients. However, if you combine it with other supplements your horse will feel like brand new!
- The product comes with basic ingredients like glucosamine and MSM.
- The price of the product makes it suitable for any horse owner.
- You can use this one since it’s really cheap.
- It’s also great for basic problems like arthritis.
- Dogs also benefit from this one since it doesn’t contain any additional products at all!
- Horses do not have any problem with eating this one!
If you are looking for a basic product which does the job effectively you should try out this one! It works flawlessly for many of the horses and you can also use it on small animals too!
- There are two size options on the sales page. The bigger one provides great value!
- The formula of the product is different Corta-Flx penetrates cellular walls for more efficiency! Your horse will be able to utilize ingredients more effectively!
- It is great for horses who are not injured. This is great preventive healthcare for any horse out there!
- The product has a fair amount of active ingredients however there are better products out there!
- It also comes with vitamins and minerals which is a great addition!
If you are a horse owner, you should definitely have this one at hand since it comes with everything you need. You can also combine it with other products it doesn’t have too many ingredients in it!
Acti Flex Senior Cox Veterinary Labs Powder
- This one is specially designed for senior horses.
- It has all the ingredients necessary to make your horse flexible and strong.
- It will also help with keeping your horse in a healthy weight range.
- The product contains probiotics to help with digestion. They are crucial for digestive efficiency which makes weight control easier.
- The powder is highly palatable which makes it easier to be consumed by animals.
- It contains Type II collagen which is found in cartilage. This is pretty crucial for animals and humans for cartilage health. This ingredient will also provide elasticity to the soft tissues and tendons when used with other ingredients like hyaluronic acid and ascorbic acid.
The product is perfect for adult horses. It comes with every ingredient you need for a healthy horse. You can use the product for 80 days if you use 1 oz per day which is really great.
Vita Flex Pro MSM Joint Supplement
- This one is perfect it can be used for plenty of animals. I really don’t understand why people develop special products for different animals. We are perfectly related to each other, therefore we might even use animal products without any problems besides taste.
- MSM is made of sulfur which makes it highly bioavailable. It’s used in most of the products as well.
- The products weigh 1 pretty nice pound and it will last for 45 days.
- It only contains MSM so the price is pretty good for a pound.
- I highly suggest you combine this product with others as well. You can find a product with a low MSM amount and combine them without any problems!
If you are looking for a basic product that does the job efficiently, you can try out this one!
AniMed Aniflex Complete Connective Tissue Support
- The product contains a unique blend of glucosamine and chondroitin. It also has other ingredients like antioxidants which are crucial for cleaning free radicals.
- One of the few products which contain creatine. It will increase the power output of the horse but it doesn’t have any benefit on soft tissues!
- The ingredients are perfectly natural which makes them easier to absorbed by the animals.
- The powder is really easy to feed, you can combine it with the horse’s food.
- The material quality is pretty high because it’s made in the USA.
If you are looking for a complete product you can try out this one! It also has other size options which can save you a couple of bucks!
Hyalogic Hyalun Pro Horse Joint Supplement
- Horses require constant attention to their joints because these animals are pretty heavy which can result in injuries.
- The product comes with high-quality hyaluronic acid which helps the horse’s joints! It will also help your horse to build up some cartilage!
- This is perfect for aged horses because hyaluronic acid is highly beneficial for senior horses!
- The product comes with 90 doses of 30 mg hyaluronic acid. The hyaluronic acid is its pure form.
If you are looking for a high-quality hyaluronic acid that you can combine with other products you can prefer this one! It can be combined with pure MSM products which will increase the effectiveness of this product!
Equinety Horse XL Equine Supplement
- This is basically a BCAA for the horses.
- It comes with necessary amino acids which will help the muscle recovery and soft tissues.
- You can use this as a performance enhancement for your horse or a nutritional supplement.
- It comes with essential amino acids that are crucial for the horse’s recovery!
- It will improve the strength of the horse which will result in decreased pressure on the joints. The muscles will take plenty of pressure from the joints.
- The product will also provide a healthier coat.
If you are looking for a product that can improve the focus of your horse, you can try this one out! This is also great for recovery and performance enhancement.
How to Pick Best Joint Supplement for Horses?
There are a couple of things you need to be careful about before buying the best possible joint supplement. Most of the companies play little games to trick the customer and I really hate this. First of all, you need to learn how to read the ingredients label. This will save you big time and decide which product is better for your horse! There are some factors you need to check before making the purchase. I’m going to list them below, so you can find a suitable one for yourself!
There are three ingredients highly used in most of the products. These ingredients are great for any horse out there. However, the amount of these ingredients is pretty crucial in my opinion! Most of the products don’t have enough amount so they can be beneficial for your horse. You should make sure the product contains the required amount of ingredients.
This is used in humans too. It’s clinically proven to work. It works by acting as an anti-inflammatory agent. It’s great for reducing the stiffness caused by arthritis. This supplement also has a calming effect because it eases the pain of the horse. You should also look at calming supplements for horses if you want to have a full solution.
Hyaluronic acid is pretty crucial for older horses. As we get older, our joints can’t keep with the activity we possess. This is also the same for the horses. They need special attention to their needs. Hyaluronic acid comes in really handy for health-related issues. If you have a senior horse, you should try out hyaluronic acid with other products! It’s not necessary for younger horses since they do not require this supplement!
MSM is one of the supplements which increases type II collagen regeneration. It’s pretty crucial for injury prevention and treatment. If your horse constantly has joint problems you can start out with basic MSM products with an increased amount to see how your horse responds! This is generally enough for most of the horses by itself. However, you might want to add other ingredients to speed up the process!
The price of the products is generally same because there are only 1-2 well-known brands in the market. They have a little bit of increased price compared to other brands. However, their quality is almost the same. You should always check out the price because some of the products have unnecessary ingredients that increase the price. Scientific based ingredients are listed above and they will be highly beneficial for your horse. However, you can try out different products if you are willing to pay the price.
The price of the product also affected by the serving size but you need to be careful about ingredients. There can be two products that weigh the same. However, they will have different amounts of ingredients in them. This will directly affect the price of the product!
The quality of materials is pretty crucial because it will directly affect the bioavailability of the ingredients. MSM is the hardest product to find in pure form and this will directly correlate to your horse’s health. Make sure you do your research well and the product contains only highly bioavailable ingredients.
The picking process is pretty hard when it comes to joint supplements for horses. However, if you read my instructions exactly you can easily find a suitable joint supplement with ease. Make sure you check the comparison table so you can pick the best one without hesitation.