High-quality Softball gloves are necessary for consistent performance in softball. Defensive players use glove in softball. These gloves have webbing between thumb and forefinger, and we know this space as pocket. The player has to catch the ball within the pocket if the player wants a successful catch. There are different size gloves for each position on the field. Recreational players use same size. Players use 12 to 13 inches for fast pitch and 12 to 15 inches for slow pitch. Recreational leagues don’t have these sizing rules. I will share the top sellers in the market so you can pick a suitable model for yourself!
Rawlings Liberty Advanced Softball Glove Series
- They design the glove for pitchers, infield and outfield players. It’s a fast-pitch softball glove, which is a high-quality glove.
- The pocket of the glove is perfect for breaking in quickly.
- The gloves are suitable for any type of player. High school players and professionals can use it without worries!
- The full grain leather is great for durability and comfort!
- The pull strap closure allows for a perfect fit for each player. You can change the shape according to your hand!
- The finger back adjustments are perfect for a comfortable fit!
This is one of the best softball gloves in the market right now, You won’t regret it after your first usage!
Rawlings RSB Softball Glove Series
- The glove has two size options at the sales page.
- It’s perfectly fine for recreational games.
- The all leather palm provides great durability and shape retention.
- The neo-flex back part is perfect for adjusting the glove. It allows for a custom fit!
- The basket-web makes it suitable for any position in the field!
- The product is game ready; it comes% 90 broken-in from the factory!
Wilson A360 Slowpitch Glove
- The size is 13 inches.
- The slow pitch model is perfect for recreational gamers.
- The price of the glove is reasonable for the value it provides.
- If you are playing the game for fun, you can get this one without hesitation.
- They make the product of light leather and synthetics parts.
- The shock padding is not that good. You might have numb hands during hard throws.
- The webbing is pretty good for the price. You need to catch the ball with precision if you want to avoid numb hands.
This is an excellent product for amateur players out there, the price of the product makes it suitable for almost anyone!
Rawlings RSB Adult Slowpitch Softball Glove Series
- This is another product which is suitable for amateur players out there.
- You can find different size options at the sales page.
- The material is synthetic leather.
- This is an utility glove which can be used for any position.
- The product is pretty durable for the price.
- The leather shell provides great protection for the fingers compared to the one above!
- It can be stiff at first usage, but it will get better after 1-2 hours. The product comes ready from the factory, but some customers have this problem.
This is an excellent product for the price. If you are a beginner, you can get this one without worries! It’s a little better compared to the one above!
Rawlings Liberty Advanced Finger Shift Fast pitch Softball Glove
- This is a fast-pitch softball glove that is designed for outfield and infield players.
- If you are an utility player, you are definitely love this glove!
- It’s perfectly suitable for high-school or professional players.
- The full-grain leather is top quality.
- It feels comfortable, like no other product.
- The durability is also top-notch.
- Pull strap closures are perfect for custom fit.
This is an excellent glove with many high-quality features. You are definitely going to love this one!
Franklin Sports Softball Glove
- There are three color options at the sales page.
- The product is made of soft synthetic leather material.
- It’s extremely lightweight, which makes it ready for softball.
- The wrist strap allows for adjustion, which makes it perfect for custom fit.
- The durability of the product is pretty average.
- The hand-formed pocket is great for comfort and maximum feel.
- If you are going to get a synthetic leather, this is a great product for the price!
This is another excellent softball glove for the price. Everyone is highly satisfied with the value it provides!
Mizuno Premier Slowpitch Softball Glove Series
- I’m really biased towards Mizuno products, so take what I say with a grain of salt.
- The PU palm lining is perfect for durability and feel(not kidding).
- You can’t find another product that has full grain leather palm at this price.
- It’s one of the most durable products at this price range.
- The wrist strap is great for the lock.
- I also like the color, you can’t never go wrong with the black.
- It’s not stiff as other softball gloves, it comes ready.
- Some customers reported small size problems.
This is a great softball glove overall, it has high-quality materials at this price. If you are looking for a high-quality softball glove, you can get this one!
Mizuno Franchise Fastpitch Softball Glove Series
- They design the glove for fast pitch players.
- There are different design options at the sales page.
- The java leather is perfect for game ready products. The product comes with pre-oiled tumbled leather, which is a long-lasting leather.
- The lace patterns allow for greater flexibility compared to other products. However, some players can break this pretty easily. ( I don’t know what they are doing)
- The thickness of the product is perfect.
If you are looking for a high-quality product at a reasonable price, you can get this one!
Franklin Sports Softball Glove
- The lightweight design of the product makes it perfect for little girls.
- It has the maximum comfort compared to other softball gloves.
- The mesh linen is also great for breathability.
- The wrist part is adjustable, which makes it extra comfortable.
- The pocket part is pretty soft. However, the player might have numb fingers if they miss the catch.
- The colors of the glove are perfect for little girls. I also like the combination of black and pink as a male.
I definitely suggest this one if you are looking for a high-quality product at this price. If you are a recreational player, you can get this one without hesitation!
RAWLINGS Storm Youth Fastpitch Softball Glove
- This one is specially designed for youth players.
- It pads the palms, which won’t cause any numbness for the player if they miss the catch.
- The finger back lining provides additional comfort.
- The funnel web design is perfect for easy glove closure. This is perfect for young players.
- The product comes % 100 broken from the factory.
- They do not make the product of real leather keep that in mind before you buy it. It’s pretty obvious at this price, but some customers are talking about this.
The product is flexible enough for youth players. It comes readily from the factory.
Mizuno MVP Prime Fastpitch Softball Glove Series
- This one is specially designed for female softball players.
- This is a pro level product with all the necessary features. You can pick the size depending on your position.
- The bio soft leather provides balance of softness and firm control of the ball.
- Customers are highly satisfied with the product, it comes with all the things you can expect from a high-quality softball glove.
- The product takes some time to soften, which might be an issue for some players. It’s made of real leather, which is an expected process!
If you are looking for a high-quality women softball glove, these can work pretty well!
How to pick the Best Softball Glove?
Picking the right softball glove is crucial for the player’s success. There are tons of products out there, which makes it hard to choose for players. First, there are a couple of things you should know about softball gloves. If you follow my instructions exactly, you can easily find a suitable product for yourself! I will share the most important tips so you can easily find yourself a suitable softball glove!
The material quality of the gloves can vary a lot. First of all, you need to determine what type of player you are. Recreational players don’t need high-quality softball gloves. If you are a recreational player, you can start out with synthetic materials. These will be better for starters because they are generally easy to break in and feel more flexible compared to real leather. The quality of these products does not vary a lot, so you can easily find yourself a suitable softball glove. Real leather is a little different.
You need to be aware of the quality if you are going to buy a product with real leather. There are tons of softball gloves out there which has real leather on them. Their quality can vary a lot, and this also directly affects the quality of the product. If you have opportunity, check these products in actual life to see which one is better!
Price & Brand
There are plenty of high-quality brands out there. You need to be aware brand affect the products a lot. We can list the well-known brands as Rawlings, Wilson and Franklin Sports. The products from these brands are better compared to other ones in the market. The price of the product also gets affected by the brand, which is pretty normal.
If you are going to buy synthetic leather products you should pay between 20 and 30 dollars at most. This is the baseline for synthetic leathers, you should never pay more than this amount. If you are looking for something better, the price goes up pretty substantially. There are some real leather products around 60 dollars range. You can find price-performance Mizuno products at this price range. If you want the absolute best softball gloves you have to go above 100 dollars.
If you are a recreational player, you can start out with basic products, they are pretty enough for most of the situations.
The webbing is pretty important for making good catches. Almost all products don’t have any problems when it comes to webbing. However, webbing can be an issue for young players since they do not have full control over their motor skills. You want products with good closures in order to the give the players maximum feel.
The comfort of the products can vary a lot because of their designs. First of all, full leather products are the best when it comes to comfort. They have the real sensation, which is crucial for making good catches. However, syntenic materials are still good if you can find the right product.
Most of the products come game ready from the factories. However, some customers still have problems with the gloves. Breaking in can be an issue for young players if they are not experienced on the subject. You can prefer synthetic materials since they are more flexible compared to real leather!
The durability of the product is important for many players. The product should last for a season, in my opinion. You don’t want to change gloves during your season. You can use real leather products for longer duration since they will be made of actual materials. Some synthetic materials are really durable too. You need to make sure they imitate leather. If you buy a textile product, it can wear out pretty quick!
There are tons of products available for softball players right now. I’ve shared the top sellers in the market so you can make the best decision for yourself. If you have any other suggestions then these softball gloves, feel free to comment below!